Sunday, June 12, 2011

Vera Neumann Art Print

So as it turns out the day I found my Herman Miller chairs I also had another great score.  I found this print at a garage/estate sale for 50 cents.  It was in an old acrylic frame that was pretty grungy and really I figured it was just a cheap print that wasn't worth a whole lot.  But, it was cute, it was marked Vera, and it was dirt cheap so I picked it up.  Then after finding my chairs I promptly forgot about it.  When I finally got back to checking it out and taking it out of its frame I realized it is a really awesome screen print on nice heavy card stock AND it isn't just marked Vera - it is hand signed in pencil by Vera!  Turns out these things are pretty rare.  I've only been able to find one other example of a similar item online.  They were supposedly given out to buyers and customers as gifts from Vera.  Pretty neat.  I have no idea what the value may be but the other one sold for around $100.  I debated whether to sell this or keep it but I think I'll hold onto it for now. 










Check out other great finds at Apron Thrift Girl's Thrift Share Monday.

11 comments:

  1. AWESOME!! I have had this happen to me before and its so exciting!!!

    Smiles,
    The Joyful Thrifter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! What a score! Such a beautiful image too, good thing that you were able to rescue it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day I shall find me a super score like that I hope

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got the book "Vera The Art and Life of an Icon" a couple of weeks ago. I haven't read it yet but have looked through it and it has some wonderful pictures and graphics of her work. You would probably enjoy it! What a treasure you picked up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! What a beautiful print... such exciting scores for you recently!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so beautiful. What a lucky find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your blog through your ATG post about your Vera print. I love the print! That's a great find!

    Your decorating style is amazing! :)

    I appreciate your "conservative" stand and putting the links on your page. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you! I am so glad someone save this original signed print who really cares about it. Tina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling find! What I do in the case of Should I sell or Should I keep is to hang on to it, display it, and when it's ready to move on, I'll know. I tend to go through collections, and then sell my vintage stuff/antiques when my tastes evolve into something new.

    Either way, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Vera Neumann patterns. I have quite a collection of Vera napkins myself. The vintage ones are harder and harder to find.

    ReplyDelete