Monday, September 19, 2011

Drexel Declaration Credenza.

 I had an unexpected find on Thursday.  After getting a few smalls at an estate sale with some great advertised mid century pieces (mostly snagged by much more dedicated hunters than myself who camped out the night before) I ran by a family run estate sale that really had nothing advertised of interest.  I almost passed it by altogether.  But I'm glad I didn't!  This Drexel Declaration piece was sitting there waiting for me.  It was the only remotely mid century piece in the sale and my only purchase.  It 6 foot long and is in incredible condition - also has a nice slab of glass on the top.  They also had a matching mirror but I had no interest in that.  I paid $200 for the credenza and since they are so hard to find around here in any condition I consider that a steal.  It is currently residing in my basement, replacing our old entertainment center.  Unfortunately we haven't yet upgraded to flat screen t.v.s so our old  hulking monster is perched on top of it - hopefully to be replaced in the near future.  Now I just need to find one more credenza for the upstairs! 

10 comments:

  1. Wow, that is gorgeous! What a find. It truly was sitting there waiting for you. I love when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Don't you just love a good surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Mildrexler's and I love that he is local. I like the curtains okay- maybe a good hem would be good. I really like the night stand if it was just taller. I love tall beds so I say don't lower it, but that's a personal opinion. I'm a big fan of stashing a bunch of crap under my bed so the taller the better

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new credenza is great- what a super buy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it.. have one right here in my living room.. also got the china hutch that goes on top that is lighted.. $150 for all at estate sale in Chicago area. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful credenza. I found an exact original out on the trash just recently. I paid a family member $100 to help me get it home. This is my 3rd piece of original drexel furniture.

    Happy Treasure Finder :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have one for sale on Ebay right now. It is in perfect condition!

    ReplyDelete