Friday, September 7, 2012

Before & After - Gerd Lange Swing Chair

Way back in February I scored this Gerd Lange Swing chair for FREE!  This thing grew on me super fast - I love it!  I knew right away I wanted to replace the fabric.  The old vinyl was torn so it definitely had to go. 
BEFORE
It took me forever to choose on a fabric but I finally decided to go with something green.  I searched a long time for just the right shade in just the right texture but I finally found a green fabric from Modern Fabrics that fit the bill.  That decision only took me several months and in the meantime the brown had really grown on me.  But I went with the green anyway - I really want to keep the room from being too matchy and a pop of green felt like the way to go. 
AFTER

After I upholstered the piece I really wasn't sure how I liked it - it was such a big change!  I love the fabric and love it on the chair but it was a little Kermit the Frog.  But now, after living with the chair for a couple of months I am in love again.  I'm surer happy with my choice and if I change my mind at some point it is a very easy chair to recover.  And here are pictures of the chair in my family room:

The next items up for a change are the curtains and the Flor tiles.  I have no idea what I want for either!

3 comments:

  1. I think it looks great! Maybe you could find a fabric for the curtains that has a little bit of that green in it to really pull it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job!

    Smiles,
    The Joyful Thrifter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am greatly weighed down by your opinions for that specific tale. A additional deeper and staged expertise could well be very fine for me
    davia leather
    new game kids
    toko jaket kulit murah di garut
    jaket kulit asli domba
    jaket kulit jakarta
    jaket kulit

    ReplyDelete