Saturday, November 17, 2012

Trio of Bassett Tables

I'm sadly behind on posting - nothing new!  This is one of my favorite garage sale finds from the summer.  I hit a very small neighborhood sale in my hometown that did not look very promising.  And mostly it wasn't.  I hadn't found anything and the last house I drove by looked to have nothing up my alley either.  I was very tempted to keep on driving but it was in a little culdesac and I felt bad not stopping.  The prices were great but I saw nothing for me - until I spotted this set of three tables that is!  They were buried under stuff and weren't marked so I wasn't even sure they were for sale.  I inquired and the price for the set of three - $25.  SOLD!  They are by Bassett and in very good condition. 

Two of the pieces ended up in the basement and one in the living room.  I replaced my American of Martinsville night stand with the smaller of the tables.  I liked that piece but this is a much better fit. 
I rarely post pictures from the basement since the lighting is soooo bad.  You have your choice of really washed out flash photos or pictures with an unhealthy yellow glow.  I usually pick the glow version.  I've been needing a coffee table down there, and while I really want a round one, this one is working out great.  That weirdness on top of the coffee table is a seriously awesome ceramic Christmas tree.  I'll have to photograph it better and give it its own post (though don't hold your breath on that one.)
I love this table with the drawer.  It replaced this Lane table.  I liked the Lane table and thought the Bassett would be too big, but it's a nice fit.  And it gives me a big spot to put all the glass vases that I seem to be accumulating! 



5 comments:

  1. I stripped and refinished that exact same coffee table just a couple of months ago; it's a great table

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower........and fellow vintage lover!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tables are beautiful, I love them. I'd love it if you'd jump over and link up at my "Go Get Your Garage Sale On" Linky Party, and share some of your great finds! http://www.brightgreendoor.com/2013/05/go-get-your-garage-sale-on-with.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW $25 for those 3? Major score. Love them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tables are amazing and the price CANNOT be beat! :D So amazing.

    ReplyDelete